We’ve had two new people start working at the Eclipse Foundation this week.
First is Matt Ward, who in Denis’ words, has “…joined the ranks of co-webmaster/sysadmin/person_to_blame at the Foundation…. Matt comes to us with strong UNIX skills, a great attitude and an impressive beard.” I can definitely vouch for the great attitude and the beard.
Also starting today is Wayne Beaton who is our new Eclipse Evangelist. Wayne is joining the Foundation from IBM, where he was a WebSphere Migration specialist. I worked with him back at The Object People, where Wayne was the first employee and Director of Curriculum. He has years of experience explaining technology to people. Wayne has also worked at BEA in the past and has been using Eclipse pretty much since its initial release.
Please give a warm welcome to Matt and Wayne!
BTW, this now make nine full-time staff at the Eclipse Foundation. For those of you who are interested, here is the list (in order of start date):
- Mike Milinkovich – Executive Director
- Skip McGaughey – Director, Eclipse Ecosystem
- Sharon Wolfe – Office Manager
- Ian Skerrett – Director, Marketing
- Denis Roy – Manager, IT (webmaster)
- Bjorn Freeman-Benson – Technical Director, Open Source Process and Infrastructure
- Janet Campbell – Manager, Intellectual Property
- Matt Ward – Linux Systems Administrator
- Wayne Beaton – Eclipse Evangelist
We’re now up to three people on staff who at one point in their career hacked Smalltalk for a living. I will leave it as an exercise to the reader to guess which three😉