2008 Eclipse Foundation Elections
The process of electing the 2008 board of director slots has begun.
As of this moment, there will be four elected committer representatives and four elected add-in provider representatives on next year’s board. However, under our Bylaws, the final determination will be made based on the total number of strategic members as of the date the membership meeting. That means that five of each is definitely a possibility.
I would like to strongly encourage community members to get involved in this election process. If you talk to anyone who has had the experience of being on the Eclipse board, they will tell you that it has been a great experience, both personally and professionally.
The terms of office are from April 1, 2008 to March 31, 2009.
Here are the key dates:
- January 7, 2008: Nominations open. Nominations are to be sent as an email to emo (at) eclipse.org, with the subject “Add-In Provider Nomination” or “Committer Nomination”. As soon as possible after an individual is nominated, the Foundation will contact the nominee to confirm their willingness to participate in the election and to serve as a add-in provider representative if elected.
- January 25, 2008: Nominations close. The list of nominees and their html pages will be available on the website as soon as possible thereafter.
- January 29, 2008: List of nominees published on our website. Each nominee will be provided with an HTML template which outlines their background and vision for Eclipse as they are nominated. If the nominee does not have an HTML editor handy, plain text submissions for formatting by the EMO staff will be accepted via email. Content must be submitted to the Eclipse Foundation via email no later than Thursday, January 31st.
- February 4, 2008: List of nominees and their personal pages made available on our website. Discussion of the issues on the eclipse.foundation newsgroup will be encouraged.
- February 25, 2008: Voting begins.
- March 7, 2008: Voting ends at 3:00pm Eastern time.
- March 17, 2008: New representatives announced at the Membership Meeting at EclipseCon 2008 in Santa Clara, California